Wednesday 23 March 2016


Caption: Vitis Limited Director Vicky Mosin opening the new boundary fence.



By MATTHEW VARI

Sunday, August 30, 2015 (Sunday Chronicle, PNG)





A LOCAL primary school at the village of Gomore in Rigo, Central Province, was the proud recipient of newly erected school fence that was opened last week.

Director of Vitis Industries Limited and former student, Vicky Mosin, was on hand last week to launch the completed fence for Gomore Primary School after making the commitment in 2014.

“As a daughter of this village I have done this with my good husband Dr Sergy Mosin (Vitis Managing Director),” Mrs Mosin said.

“To my hard working workers, the management, and the staff and those from Rigo inland, coast, and Central who have contributed in the growth and success of our business that is why we can have something to give to the community.”

“Today we have achieved our goal and we have come up with a completed fence for Gomore Primary School.”

Gomore Primary School was opened in 1983, and since then has been operating without a clearly define boundary until the Vitis commitment.

“I thank the people of the village, particularly my old man and his team members all the uncles and cousins for making an effort to commit themselves to build the fence around this school.”

“To the commitment that I have made to this school in 2014 which has been done. I am really proud for what I have done for my village and I hope and belief that my village will appreciate the good things I have done for them.”

“I am a product of this school and I am proud to stand here. It is very sad to see a school that is rundown. I have observed that there was no respect by some members of the village. Anyone who wanted to walk into the classrooms just walked in. That made me see that the security of the students and teachers had to be improved,” Vicky added.

Guest speaker and Assistant Education Manager Central Province, Kokoro Aga-Nigona, hailed the step taken by the local business owner in giving back to her community by being a development partner for her community.

“This is a testimony on the government’s policy on Private-Public Partnership- so I want to challenge any willing partner in Rigo and Central Province who want to partner the provincial education board and the division of education to improve education infrastructure in our schools,” Mr Nigona said.

“Few schools in the Central Province have secure fencing and Gomore joins those schools, and I commend Vitis Industries for their contribution.”

“The school is located along the major Highway we are now securing the security of our children here.”





No comments:

Post a Comment