Sunday 31 July 2016

Namah hell-bent on attending May session



Caption:  Vanimo-Green MP Belden Namah.



Sunday, May 22, 2016 (Sunday CHronicle, PNG)





REFERING to The National Newspaper’s report (Tuesday 17 May) of Public Prosecutor, Pondros Kaluwin on his suspension from official duties, including attending Parliament- Vanimo-Green MP Belden Namah says he will still attend Parliament on May 31.

Namah said on Wednesday that the court order states that pending the hearing and determination of the reference under section 18 (2) of the constitution, the proceeding of the first defendant in the leadership tribunal against him in the leadership tribunal number 6 of 2015 had been stayed.

“When the leadership tribunal is stayed automatically the suspension stays,” Namah said.

“I will attend parliament on the 31st of May- if Peter O’Neill is scared of me I am going to attend parliament.”

“I have to make it clear to my friend Pondros Kaluwin that you have to withdraw your statement- I have given instructions to my lawyer to pursue contempt proceedings against you as your statement is contemptuous.”

He also made a comparison to the case of Treasury Minister and Member for Aitape-Lumi Patrick Pruaitch.

“My case is no different from my brother from Aitape Lumi- his leadership tribunal is stayed where he is able to perform his official duties.”

“Is there a different law that Kaluwin is trying to interpret here.”


No comments:

Post a Comment