Sunday 4 September 2016

Anis shares achievement with dad


Caption:  (L) Sent and father Paul Anis post for a picture.



By MATTHEW VARI

Sunday, June 12, 2016 (Sunday Chronicle, PNG)



PARALYMPIAN Sent Anis shared his award last week with his father when he won the Best Sportsperson with a Disability award category at the 2016 SP Sport Award in Port Moresby.

The Thirty-one year old won Gold for Papua New Guinea in the Javelin Ambulant Male event at the 15th Pacific Games last year.

An emotional Anis told the Sunday Chronicle that despite not been educated, and being a labourer on a plantation in the Western Highlands province he gave thanks to his father, who he said gave them what he could despite limitation they had.

“Ever since I was born I have never been recognized like this- from humble beginning I never went to school because my father never sent me to school and I struggled on the streets of Hagen.”

“And I found sports while I was doing street sales at Hagen Market and was approached to join the para paralympian team and I joined and I started to train.”

“Gives thanks to my father who kept us busy by getting us to work in the plantations to be worker slaves and he never thought I would come out of that. I am so happy of sports in our country.”

In 2014 during the PNG games in Lae representing the Western Highlands province where he won gold- than in 2015 Pacific Games was the first time the Sent set foot in Port Moresby to take our gold also.

Proud father Paul Anis confessed that his son was just at home due to his disability which prevented him doing anything, and also said that sports was never encouraged for his son to take up.

“I am happy he is my son, he didn’t go to school he is disabled in his leg and was just at home, and now he came here and I am happy despite the situation.”



No comments:

Post a Comment