Monday 20 June 2016

Bawa to follow investigation process



Sunday, February 28, 2016 (Sunday Chronicle, PNG)






THE former Port Moresby Superintendent, Anderson Bawa, has given the assurance in light of media report from the NCD Command regarding allegations laid against him, that he will comply.

Mr Bawa pointed out that there was no need for Metropolitan Superintendent and the police to find him as reported in the national adding that at current he was on recreational leave.

“He knows my house, I am a professional police officer and I will follow the law if am accorded the respect and courtesy,” Mr Bawa said.

“I am not a criminal I have not stolen, raped or killed someone to be in hiding and I will follow the process of investigation and challenge the allegations in a court of law.”

“I am not afraid to face justice as the truth will be revealed there and then as it has been in the past. I appeal to the public and the business community that the allegations are fabricated and manufactured.”

He urged the public to remain calm over the allegations having advised his lawyers to defend him in court adding that he is innocent until proven guilty.

“In my time as the Met Supt I have not suppressed any investigation or promote any public brutality as alleged.”

“I have always stood against it and have taken actions against my own officers. I have also returned all arms signed under my name back to the armory as a matter of procedure.”

“I waited for 3 months after my handover take over for my airfares and relocation to my new posting in Mt Hagen. I even mentioned that to Commissioner Baki in his office that I had humbly accepted the posting.”

“As there was nothing positive forthcoming I didnt want to sit around and collect wages for doing nothing so I decided to take my Recreation Leave and am currently on holiday. I also learned that the incumbent now Chief Superintendent Jimmy Onopia had been promoted to the post which would now leave me as unattached upon my resumption,” Bawa said.

He added that if the command was keen on cleaning the force as has been publicized, it should investigate and find out why members in NCD have not been paid to date K5.5 million for the Pre Pacific Games Operations and outstanding allowances.

“100 of my members who only received K3,000 each and the Commissioner promised to pay them the balance of K500,000. They will testify and confirm these if they are really that serious.”



No comments:

Post a Comment